Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Social Media trips...

I've been in Providence, R.I. the past two days doing Social Media sessions at our WJAR station in Cranston and I tell you, I seriously dig these accents!

I don't mean that to sound inappropriate in any way, but I really genuinely enjoyed listening to people there speak.

I especially enjoyed the 4 year old on the plane from Philly to Providence who was extremely excited about flying and decided to yell out hoping his father (who was seated in the back half of the plane separate from him and his Mom) "Daddy?!?!?!? Daddy are you sittin by a windoe??!?!?! Daddy!?!! Arr you seein this??!?!" I swear to you, everyone on that plane smirked.

I didn't have much time to converse with the locals as we'd been busy with work but I did venture out for dinner to a lovely little place called Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse where, for real, they had a talking mechanical moose head. =)

Side note: I think I've been watching a little too much TopGear.

My rental happened to look like TopGear's reasonably priced car and with the wet weather in Providence, I couldn't help myself at the end of the day in an empty parking lot near the airport.

All in all, a good trip to Providence/Cranston, but I'm glad to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment