Sunday, March 13, 2011

Operation Jellyman Kelly: Another Fail

DISCLAIMER: Any blog posts titled "Operation Jellyman Kelly" will no doubt gross you out. These posts will describe our current treatments for infertility...so if you have a weak stomach or don't know how you'd have a conversation with me in person after reading this....stop reading now. ; )

Once again, I didn't even make it to the official "test" date.

My period started this morning.

Strike 2.

This is starting to piss me off.

The fact that it's not working is one thing, but being scared to do any kind of physical activity is another.

I'm constantly freaking myself out over stupid things and I'm sick of it.

My husband and I are participating in a 10k next month.  He's been running every week, I haven't run or even jogged yet.

He works out, he goes paddleboarding, I don't.

My fear of doing something that would hurt our chances of the IUI working has made me fat and lazy.

I've gained 15 pounds since we started our first IUI cycle.

15!

I'm in the worst shape of my life and I'm disgusted with myself.

So I think we're going to take a break this cycle.

I want to go for a jog.  I want to go for a paddle.  Maybe a bike ride.  Something healthy, something active, without fear that I'm doing something to hurt our chances of conceiving.

We'll see about doing our 3rd IUI next month (after the 10k).

Until then...Operation Jellyman Kelly is officially on hold.

2 comments:

  1. I think giving your body a rest from all the IUI meds is a good idea. Relax do some walking, running, paddeling.


    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unconditionally support you through all this. Step-by-step, day-by-day.

    ReplyDelete