Thursday, December 29, 2011

That just happened.........

At work, walking from the kitchen back to my cube I'm stopped by our lovely and sweet custodian and the following conversation takes place:

Carole: Hi!  Did you get to go home for the holidays?

Me: No, not this time.  We went home earlier in the year for my Mom's birthday though and it was wonderful.

Carole: Oh, well did you still have a good Christmas?

Me: I did!  My husbands family is here so we were all together, it was great!

Carole: That's wonderful.  [Looks down at my belly]  So did you swallow a turkey over the holidays?

Me: [Laughing] Nope! 

Carole: [Surprised look on face] OH! Are you expecting?!?!?!

Me: [Laughing some more] Yup!

Carole: Oh my!  How many months are you?

Me: [Calculating in my head 18 divided by 4] 4 and a half months!

Carole: Oh that's wonderful!  I noticed you were getting fat in the face [framing my face]  but I thought it was so pretty on you! 

Me: [Slightly mortified] Yeah, I know I've definitely gained weight. [Awkward laugh]

Carole: Oh no its lovely on you!  Congratulations!  That's wonderful news!

So while I was told I'm getting fat in the face...at least some people think it looks pretty on me!  LOL!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. YOU'RE MY "PERFECT" DAUGHTER!!! AND CAROLE SAW THAT TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, why didn't she just stop at "Oh that's wonderful."

    I agree with dad you are our perfect daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Thanks Mom and Dad! But just so you know...I really AM getting fat in the face! LOL!

    ReplyDelete