Friday, June 4, 2010

Don't Ride and Talk...

(September 18, 2008)

I don't know what I was thinking.

I was on my bike riding home from hanging out with my nephews and my husband called so I used my right hand to answer the cell.

I was well balanced and all seemed to be going well so I went ahead and let go of the handles.

"Whoa!  Guess what I'm doing?!?!"  I ask my husband with enthusiasm.

"What?" he asks.

"Riding my bike with no hands AND talking to you!"

I felt so proud of myself.

Next thing I know...my pant leg is falling down and gets caught in the chain.  My left hand instinctively hits the front brakes...my right hand would instinctively hit the back brakes but I was holding the phone with my right hand...so I flipped over the gosh darn bike!!!  LOL!!!!

The phone went flying.

I got up (mostly unscathed) and picked the phone up.

"Did you just fall off the bike!?!?!"  My husband asked with a disbelieving tone.

"Yup."

Serves me right.  I had no business riding and talking at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment