Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hot chocolate does not a cup of coffee make.....

It's only been several days since our IUI procedures and I'm already having a hard time skipping the coffee in the morning.

I've resorted to ordering hazelnut hot chocolate from Starbucks.

Now don't get me wrong, Starbucks hazelnut hot chocolate is fantastic....but it's just not coffee.

It doesn't give me the same caffeine buzz.

It doesn't have that wonderful, long-lasting aroma.

It doesn't leave the same aftertaste.

It doesn't last as long (I can make a cup of coffee last all day).

My Dr. said I didn't have to stop drinking coffee all together...that I should just cut back...but with the money we're paying for these treatments I just don't want to play the whole "if only I would have stopped drinking coffee...." game if the end result isn't what we want.

And so I drink cocoa....

whilst daydreaming of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. What about decaf???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do decaf.....but I can't stand the taste of it. And I've tried many, many different brands of decaf. =(

    ReplyDelete