Sunday, January 30, 2011

Operation Jellyman Kelly: IUI's complete

DISCLAIMER: Any blog posts titled "Operation Jellyman Kelly" will no doubt gross you out. These posts will describe our current treatments for infertility...so if you have a weak stomach or don't know how you'd have a conversation with me in person after reading this....stop reading now. ; )

IUI's were performed yesterday and today.

Now we enter the two week wait to see if it took.

Yesterdays procedure began with my husband having to take his "guys" to be cleaned.  Unfortunately, the lab where this takes place is 30 minutes from our house, so this weekend was all about driving:

Drive to the lab for specimen cleaning.
Drive home.
Drive back to the lab 2 hours later to pick up cleaned "guys".
Drive to Dr. T's office for IUI.
Repeat everything on Sunday.

The IUI procedure itself wasn't painful and took all of 30 seconds the first time.

I was instructed to lay still on the bed for 10 minutes (even though it's not proven to help) and for the 10 minutes I felt a massive cramp coming on.  I didn't realize how uncomfortable I would be after the IUI.  I couldn't even bend over to put my shoes back on...my husband had to do it.  I was just.....bloated and in pain.  It felt (and still feels) as if a balloon has been inflated inside of my abdomen.  When I sit down I have to sit down slowly because it feels as if the balloon will pop.  When I do sit down slowly, it feels like the balloon shifts within me and puts more pressure on my upper abdomen and chest area. 

It.Is.Bizarre.

Once we left Dr. T's office yesterday I was in a lot of pain.  The cramping came all at once and so during the drive I had to lay the seat all the way back and just breathe through it.

It got better soon after that, but I still felt extremely uncomfortable.

We ended up staying in all day yesterday.

Today's procedure went about the same, only Dr. T seemed to take longer to get the "guys" where they needed to go.  There wasn't much pain after this procedure but I'm not sure I'd know if there was additional pain because I'm still extremely bloated and uncomfortable from yesterday.

When I asked Dr. T if that was normal and if it was from the IUI he said it wasn't...it's those 5 or 6 eggs I've got.  They're doing their thing and it's freaking my body out.

I can't say the bloatiness is making me feel pregnant...but it's certainly making me look it!  LOL!

So that's that.

We're crossing our fingers, saying prayers, thinking good thoughts and rubbing Buddha's belly for the next two weeks.

I've read on some infertility blogs that it's good to keep yourself very busy during the two week wait...so projects be warned....I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment