Monday, August 29, 2011

Swamp Fires, Earthquakes and Hurricanes….things I learned last week:


Smoke from a Great Dismal Swamp fire can make your insides burn.  No seriously, burn.  Worse than VOG.

In the event of an earthquake (if you’re in a building), you’re supposed to drop to the ground and get under something sturdy:  during an actual earthquake, I run for my life.

During a hurricane most people worry about food, water and electricity:  we were concerned with one thing only…keeping our infertility medications refrigerated.

When the power goes out for more than a couple of hours some people break out food and games, others take to their mobile devices and update Facebook that they’re extremely bored, some pack into their vehicles and go in search of power:  my husband packed into his vehicle and transported our infertility meds in a cooler (think lung transplant) to my sister-in-law’s house for safe storage. 

Infertility injections by candlelight are oh-so-romantic.   


















I now understand how the second little piggy with the house made out of sticks felt when the big bad wolf came a blowin.  You know who you are….hurricane Irene.

When the power is out on a hot summer day, Starbucks can save you.

When the power is out on a hot summer night, you’re screwed.

Needless to say, this has been a hell of a week and I’m hoping by the time I get home this evening we’ll have power back and I can stop transporting my infertility meds like a heart transplant to and from work.

Cross your fingers for me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...EXCELLENT BLOG UPDATE!!! Glad y'all have power now:)

    ReplyDelete