Thursday, September 1, 2011

Operation Jellyman Kelly: Moving along


DISCLAIMER: Any blog posts titled "Operation Jellyman Kelly" will no doubt gross you out. These posts will describe our current treatments for infertility...so if you have a weak stomach or don't know how you'd have a conversation with me in person after reading this....stop reading now. ; )

It’s official.

I’ve gained weight in all the wrong places and have now been forced to purchase bigger pants.

It was actually pretty depressing…making that purchase.

Now….if this all pays off and we end up pregnant…I will be only too thrilled to purchase maternity clothes….but right now….it’s just not fun.

We’re up to two injections a night and it’s not getting easier.  =(  The shots hurt a LOT more at this point…probably because we keep injecting in the same areas every other day.

I’m also feeling much, MUCH more tired and have a lot of headaches….but that could be because I also quit caffeine cold turkey to try to prep my body for better things to come.

I’ve been emotionally unstable for a little while now but am happy to report I can hold it together in front of others.

We had a group of friends over last night for a post-hurricane meat dinner (we had a lot of meat that needed to be cooked and there was no way the two of us could eat that much meat).  It was soooo wonderful being out of bed after 9 p.m.!  Usually after I get my injections at 6 I am down for the count, feeling gross, feeling a little pain, etc.  I end up laying on the bed either reading or watching a movie and I’m asleep by 9.  So this dinner party was a welcome distraction.  I was still in a little pain, but surprisingly…..lots of laughter made the pain subside.

Something else happened last night that’s worth mentioning...

My husband was talking about the injections and having to transport the medications during the hurricane, etc. with our friends. 

He HATES talking about our situation….so hearing him casually mention having to be home at 6 p.m. every night to administer my injections was pretty mind-boggling and made me very happy that he felt comfortable enough to talk about it.  I’m sure it helped that our dear friends that also went through IVF were there and had war stories to share of their own!

It was a wonderful impromptu kind of night and I was so happy to spend it with friends.

So…in addition to feeling fairly yucky a good 90% of the day….I’m also starting to get excited and a little freaked out as we get closer to egg retrieval.

I have no idea if this massive dosage of infertility meds has coerced my body into actually producing a satisfactory amount of follicles…we’ll find out tomorrow at my appointment how things are looking.

I’m thrilled and terrified at the same time…because if Dr. T doesn’t see many follicles….well then there’s a chance they won’t successfully retrieve any eggs and the IVF cycle will be over.

So….cross your fingers for me tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. fingers crossed... and good energy sent your way... thank you for the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're crossing everything humanly possible at this end - HOOAH!!!

    ReplyDelete