Friday, January 28, 2011

Operation Jellyman Kelly: Triggered

DISCLAIMER: Any blog posts titled "Operation Jellyman Kelly" will no doubt gross you out. These posts will describe our current treatments for infertility...so if you have a weak stomach or don't know how you'd have a conversation with me in person after reading this....stop reading now. ; )

Appointments went great today (apart from a situation with a nurse man-handling my arm for blood).

It appears my 5 or 6 eggs have matured enough that Dr. T seemed pleased.

We're moving ahead with IUI tomorrow and Sunday!

I do want to share a little bit about the ultrasound appointment if I may...

it hadn't dawned on me that my husband had never experienced a "womans" wellness exam or an ultrasound until today's appointment!

When we got into the room and the nurse said "OK, bottoms off and on the table" my husband seemed surprised by this.


LOL!

When Dr. T came into the room  I laid flat on the table (as was the routine) and put my feet up in the stirrups.

I looked up and could see my husband seemed a little put off by this mechanical reaction to the Dr. walking in.

I could only giggle.

And for those wondering about how I reacted to the HCG trigger shot....

fortunately it really wasn't that bad.

My husband did a fantastic job of distracting me the entire time so I didn't get to see the needle myself (he did intimate to me later that it was a fairly large needle) and it did sting a little...but the actual injection wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!

Now....hours later....the injection site is definitely sore.

In fact my whole body feels a bit...achy.

It's odd.

Nonetheless, I've been triggered and am ready to go!

If you have time...we could use some extra prayers and good thoughts!  =)

Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment