Friday, July 9, 2010

Indoor Camp Out

(February 7, 2009)

The weather was so beautiful this weekend we decided to invite people over for a backyard campout.

We invited them to bring their camping gear and pitch their tents in the yard.

We grilled dinner, relaxed around the fire pit, roasted marshmellows, drank hot chocolate and witnessed a chubby bunny contest (my first ever).











































It was getting a little chillier as the night went on and so we changed our game plan from backyard camping to indoor camping.

We pushed our furniture in the living room to the sides of the room and pitched the tents inside…..



































It. Was. Awesome.
























It was all the fun of outdoor camping without the bugs, cold or peeing in the bushes. =)


















It reminded me of making sheet or cardboard tents and forts when I was a kid.

I need to do this more often.

We somehow managed to fit six adults and three dogs into two tents in our living room.

I can’t remember the last time I slept in the same room with more than one other person. It was quite funny!

Personally, I was much more aware of myself in such close proximity to other people.

I was afraid my stomach was going to growl or make funny noises (it has a mind of its own), I was hoping I wouldn’t sneeze or start coughing and most importantly, I was hoping I wouldn’t be the person that passed gas in a tent!

I’m happy to report nothing embarrassing happened throughout the night. =)

The next morning was chilly but beautiful enough to enjoy a hot breakfast outside with everyone.









































We tossed a football around, I watched my husband teach everyone how to walk on stilts and everyone just totally relaxed.























I highly encourage any and all to give indoor camping a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment