Sunday, July 11, 2010

Heroes in a half-shell....

(March 27, 2009)

A group of friends asked if I wanted to run the Richmond Monument Avenue 10k in costume this year.

I was thrilled!

There were going to be four of us so the first thing that came to mind for me was....

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  ; )


















From left to right: Raphael (Shawn), Donatello (Jenny), Leonardo (Sara), Michelangelo (me).

This was my first time running a race in costume. It was the most fun I've ever had in a race! Throughout the course we had people screaming out our ninja turtle names and in turn we screamed "TURTLE POWER!"























While we had awesome spectators going nuts over our costumes, the kids in the crowd were the best. They were so excited to see the Ninja Turtles running a race!


















We did have to stop and walk a few times (we are turtles after all)...but that's ok....slow and steady wins the race...


































Heroe's in a half shell.....TURTLE POWER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment