Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas in Hawaii

(December 28, 2009)

My husband and I decided it had been too long since we'd visited my home, so we thought...Christmas in Hawaii...that sounds good! ; )

Our first morning we decided to grab breakfast at the Waianae Farmer's Market.

















If you haven't tried their Kalua Pig Omelette...you haven't lived...

















We mingled with some of the locals....























We paddle boarded for the first time....
















We watched my parents be goofy on the water.....
















We took advantage of touristy photo opps....























We watched gorgeous sunsets over Pokai Bay....
















We woke to the sound of waves.....
















We were literally in heaven....

Even a few rain clouds couldn't bring us down......


































A few whales breached just outside of the bay on my birthday....

















Happy 30th birthday to me!  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend it!  On the beach, surrounded by family, watching whales breach, eating malasada's.....it was perfect.


















Oh and having the love of my life there to share it with me was pretty cool too.  ; )

I also happened to get some of the coolest birthday presents!
















Oh yes, those are butterfly ninja stars you're looking at!  =)
















There was never a shortage of photo opportunities....

One of my favorite places for photos turned out to be Byodo-In, at the Valley of the Temples on the East side of Oahu...
















Another rare sighting!

Hawaiian Monk Seal near Sandy's beach!

He was being slightly camera shy....
















We enjoyed beautiful waters in Kaaawa.....
















not so beautiful traffic....but I'm not complaining.... ; )
















We visited my Papa's grave (along with my Uncle and great-grandparents)...quite a view they have....
















I was finally entrusted with the secret family recipe for Mango-a-go-go bread....
















We went surfing and paddle-boarding on Christmas Day..
















We saw more whale breaching!!!!!!!!












































































We hung out at Sharks Cove....

















Drove past the pineapple fields on the way back from North Shore....
















Hiked up Diamond Head....

















Had a beautiful anniversary breakfast (8 years) at Naupaka Terrace, Ko Olina...

















Enjoyed one more day on the water.....

















and then it was time to head back to the airport and back to the mainland....

but not without first pigging out at Shiro's Saimin Haven.....

yum...........

















I'm already homesick.......

No comments:

Post a Comment