Monday, February 22, 2010

Saturday reading

Saturday (after my 8k) I did something I hadn't done in a very long time....

I put everything else off and hopped into bed with a new book. =)

"Above Suspicion" isn't the greatest book I've read, but it was worthy of a one night stand. I think I enjoyed it more because I decided to give the characters faces before I actually started reading.

I imagined it as a movie....did my own casting and viola...the story came to life for me.

"Above Suspicion" is a murder mystery....most of the characters are set up well....but the author makes the terrible mistake of treating her readers like they're idiots.

I knew who the killer was as soon as he/she was introduced, but it felt like the author assumed you wouldn't have figured it out yet, so just kept dangling these very obvious clues in front of you.

I kept reading because there was some intriguing interaction between the killer and the main characters...but I was extremely irritated with how easily the main character was manipulated by the killer.

If you get a chance to read this I'd love to hear your take on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment