Sunday, February 28, 2010

USAT Duathlon, Richmond, VA

(April 28, 2008)

I survived my first duathlon!!! =)

I anticipated finishing last...but I did pretty good! =)

All in all I finished the 5k run, 20k bike and 2.5k run in 1 hour and 37 minutes. Not too shabby! =)

When we first got to the transition area I put my bike and helmet up and was then "marked" by a volunteer with my participant number. She labeled each arm and leg.

"Is this in case I lose a limb you know who it belongs to?" I ask. What kind of race have I signed up for?

The volunteer laughs. "No, this is so we can see who you are from every angle."

I didn't mind really...it kind of made me feel bad-ass. =)



















The first leg of the race was a 5k run...it actually started in downtown Richmond and then took us across the James River to Belle Isle where it became a trail run. So much fun!

The second leg of the race was the 20k bike. Most of the competitors had full on competitive bikes, I only had a recreational bike which definitely didn't give me an advantage...but it still turned out alright.

The 3rd leg of the race was getting off the bike and running again.

Typically I wouldn't have trouble running 1.5 miles, but after running a 5k, then biking 20k...your legs pretty much feel like putty!

Finishing was so awesome.  Now I can check this off my list!  First duathlon complete!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment