Monday, February 22, 2010

Silence is golden

(October 25, 2007)

For no other reason than my being alone for lunch today....I decided to not speak, not sing, not make any kind of sound for the duration of my lunch break.

It's been a half-hour since my break and I still haven't spoken.

It's pretty strange, not hearing your own voice...and I don't mean that in an egotistical way by any means....it's just....strange.

Usually I sing along to the songs on the radio or I curse out-loud at some stupid driver on the road...something...but not today. Well...not between 11:30 and 1 p.m. anyhow. =)

When I got back to work I didn't look anyone in the eye so that I didn't have to speak....I wanted to keep this going....however...once my co-worker gets back from lunch it will be over as she will surely ask me how everything's going.

I wonder if I could make it an entire day without speaking?

If I planned it out for a weekend then surely I'd be able to accomplish that.

Ok...I'm adding "stay silent for a day and just listen" to my list of 100-something things to do before I die. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment